Spinach salad with orange & chick peas
This salad has more than a daily requirement of folate
1- 300 gram can drained chick peas (200grams)
1 bunch of washed spinach (200grams)
1 bunch Cos or Romaine Lettuce (200grams)
1 peeled sliced orange (100grams)
1 tsp cumin
2 tabsp lime or lemon juice (40ml)
2 tsp honey (10ml)
* Mix cumin, lime or lemon juice and honey together for dressing.
* Pour dressing over chick peas and leave to marinade for 30 minutes.
* Wash and coarsely shred lettuce and spinach.
* Toss spinach and Cos lettuce together.
* Just before serving toss chick peas and dressing through greens and garnish with sliced oranges.
Serves : 2
Nutrients per Serve :
KJ 780, Calories 186, Fat(grams) 2.8, Fibre (grams) 11.5, Folate (milligrams) 450
Gluten Free, Lactose Free, Egg Free
Serve 2 as a main course and 4 as a side salad.