Lentil Bean Pie
Recipe from "Living in the 21st Century with Diabetes"
5 cups Lentil Bean Goulash recipe
1 cup Low Fat Fibre Pastry recipe
6 medium peeled potatoes (600grams)
¼ cup nonfat milk (65ml)
2 tsp polyunsaturated margarine (10grams)
½ cup finely grated less than 10% fat cheese (60grams)
* Have goulash mixture on hand and prepare the pastry.
* Roll out pastry to fit the bottom of a large pie plate.
* Finish edges and prick well. Bake in a 2000C oven for 10 minutes or until puffed and lightly browned.
* Cube potatoes and boil or microwave until tender.
* Remove, drain and mash with milk, margarine and finely grated cheese.
* Place cooled goulash mixture in cooked pie shell and top with mashed potato.
* Cook in a 180°C oven for a further 30 minutes or until potato is browned and is heated through.
Serves : 8
Nutrients per Serve :
KJ 1318, Calories 318, Carbohydrates(grams) 35, Fat(grams) 12, Cholesterol(milligrams) 5, Protein(grams) 16, Sodium (milligrams) 170, Fibre (grams) 9, Calcium (milligrams) 156, Iron (milligrams) 4
Egg Free, Vegetarian